Damaged Pots at our clay studio:
An average of 1500 pots are made each week at our clay studio. Fewer than 15 pots a week are broken. That makes our breakage rate less than 1%. However, if your pot is one of the 15 pots that gets broken it can be very painful so please help us keep our breakage rate as low as possible.
- If it’s not your pot, avoid touching it if at all possible.
- Remember that unfired pottery (greenware) is extremely fragile and should never be handled by the rim.
- When placing your pottery on a shelf, please move it to the back of the shelf so that someone else does not have to move your work to make room for theirs.
- If you do accidentally brake another person’s pot, please leave a note. It really helps lessen the blow.
- If your work is broken by our staff, we’ll replace it with the same amount of new clay, along with a sincere apology.